OmegaT versions loosely follow a semantic versioning principle. The version number consists of three parts: MAJOR.MINOR.PATCH. When PATCH is zero, it can be elided from documentation or casual references, but not in code.
- MAJOR: The distinction between "standard" and "latest" flavors (see below)
- MINOR: "Large" changes that affect the UI or core functionality
- PATCH: Bug fixes and small changes that aren't "large"
In the past, there was also an "update" number following PATCH, but this has been deprecated.
There are two "flavors" of OmegaT:
- Standard: Stable, with a complete manual (sometimes "beta" in the code)
- Latest: May have breaking changes, incomplete manual